Follow us is a European project that aims at designing an inclusive program for social media to be the vehicle for job creation for NEETS, young people between 15 and 29 years of age who are neither studying nor working. It is about creating a strategy so that, using the existing digital tools and personal skills of these young people, they are motivated and reintegrated into the labour market by connecting them with SMEs across Europe.
The project, co-financed by the Erasmus+ funds, will be developed over a two-year period with the collaboration of partners from Germany, Poland and Romania. During this time period, three tools will be designed to offer young people real opportunities for training and employment through social media. The three tools that will be designed and tested before implementation at European level are:
- Innovative and interactive course to motivate young people to develop their digital skills, with a certified training in the professional use of social media.
- Course for social workers from entities dealing with vulnerable young people, so that they can help them develop their digital competencies.
- Online platform that connects trained young people with SMEs who need community managers services, so that they can thus develop a stage of practices.
Partners of the Follow us project
Each country involved in the project is represented by an NGO working with young people in its territory and a Chamber of Commerce, thus establishing a new format of collaboration and cooperation between young people and companies, in a scenario in which all parties will be beneficial.
- Spain: Centre for Education (Manacor) and Mallorcan Chamber of Commerce
- Wismar Bildungsgesellsc and the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Germany
- Poland: Krajowa Izba Gospodarcza and Polish Chamber of Commerce
- Romania: Team4Excellence Association and Italian Chamber of Commerce in Romania.
The project initiation meeting was held at the Mallorcan Chamber of Commerce on March 2 and 3, 2022.